Every year we deliver induction programmes and refresher learning and development activity, especially after Council elections and Annual Meetings. These include sessions that explore:
- Local government and local leadership (how the council works and the services provided)
- Corporate priorities (needs, policies, budgets, options and difficult decisions about services and how to deliver them)
- Local democracy (how councillors work in their ward or division including with other tiers of governance, plus standards and ethics, and equalities duties)
- Getting the most from overview and scrutiny (how engagement of all parts of the council in O&S promotes good governance and achieves better outcomes)
- Regulation (what it covers and how it works)
- Partnerships (the bigger picture of how the council works with other public services, local businesses and the third sector)
Skills for the tasks including case work, chairing, effective meetings, influencing skills, public speaking, questioning and listening, scrutiny work programming and working together as members and officers.
We also deliver overview and scrutiny reviews and mini democracy health checks.
These workshops will be delivered online if required in 2020
Email us to discuss your requirements and budget: email@example.com or phone 07903 964812